I want to hold a session at SIF Unconference!

Managing the Digital Dilemmas of Personal Data: A New Lens for Strengthening Trust

The one thing that can be clearly stated about the personal data ecosystem is how little we still understand its complexity and competing tensions. This session will share insights from a portfolio of brand new World Economic Forum reports on personal data for advancing a principled, collaborative and balanced personal data ecosystem. Key dimensions to be addressed include: the value of taxonomies based upon data origin and intended usage, the importance of risk-based approaches for addressing the intangible harms of privacy at the individual level, technical and legal innovations required for scalable personal data management systems and the need for new capacities and ethics to ensure the accountability of socially impacting algorithms. All of these dimensions will focus on strengthening the accountability, transparency and empowerment of individuals in the use of data to address core challenges of international development.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)